Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wrapping Up: Metacognitive Blog

Most of us have successfully made it to the end of this course (get better soon, Nettie!!), and oh what a ride it's been. As stressful as it's been this past month juggling work responsibilities, and 2 classes... I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed this class.

Thinking back over what I've learned this semester, I realize I've learned a lot. I actually have been able to understand a lot more of the information we went over in TSTM 444 because of this course. Through the project and other assignments in 544, I was able to apply the concepts in a way that was a little more rewarding. The application of the concepts and reflection I had time to do has made a huge difference in my understanding. I've come to realize that the whole instructional design process is backed by science. You can experiment and get different results, but for the most part, if you follow the steps you will get a quality product in the end. This realization is a product of the past month... as I remember thinking how ridiculous the process seemed when I learned of it last semester (just being honest...).

Another thing of note that I will take away from this course is an increased awareness of the many different options there are for delivering training. It's interesting to see the result of pairing psychology and learning, and coming up with a system that takes each into account.

Overall, the class has been very rewarding. From the assignments, my classmates, the professor, and the knowledge gained.. it's been well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment