Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 4: E-learning Anarchist or Trailblazer?

Before I started doing more research on the subject, my idea of e-learning was more of a standard blackboard-type format. Some discussion, some blogs, and other assignments thrown in there. I had seen other e-learning designs but never really thought much of it... until this course.

How did all of this come about? What was the evolution of e-learning? How did we end up where we are today, and what is to come in the future of e-learning?

It would take way more time than I have to answer these questions, but I've put pieces of that puzzle together over the course of this semester (the edges, maybe?) that will fall into place over time I'm sure.

While going through articles for the annotated bibliography, I saw aspects of e-learning that were really intriguing. I wrote about one of them previously - medical students using simulations in their training. It's fascinating really, and one of the articles I found most intriguing was one about Clark Aldrich and his career - his realization that what was going on with e-learning just wasn't cutting it, and what he decided to do about it. The article was titled, "Simulation insubordination: How simulation games are revolutionizing e-learning". I highly recommend reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment